In a bid to create more content for Karishmacookie.com I’ve decided to introduce a personal highlights post each month, as a round up of all the things I’ve been up to. July has been very interesting so far and I hope I can keep up the momentum for August. Here are 5 PG highlights I thought I’d share with you.
- Blogging: So the blog is finally up and running again with a new layout and hopefully regular posts! I made a pact with myself that I would publish at least one outfit blog a week and surprisingly, it has stuck! Brownie points for me – YAY! Click here to check out my last post.
2. I finally quit the gym (after only going twice in a year) and I’ve started both Karate and pole fitness. What I love about Karate is in just two lessons I’ve learnt how to attack people and get out of a headlock. Feeling pretty kick- ass already HIYAHHHHHHH #karatechop
As for pole fitness… it is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done! I’m literally black and blue with bruises but it makes me work parts of my body that I’ve probably never even used before!
3. I Uploaded my very first Youtube video where I’m actually speaking for once. This is something I’ve wanted to do for SO so long but I’ve always been so nervous and awkward in front of the camera. I think filming with @beacaan really helped calm my nerves as it felt like a normal day where we were just chilling and being our stupid selves.
4. I’m learning how to use After Effects for simple animation and I’ve became more confident with Premiere Pro. Before starting my new role as a videographer I was only ever using Final Cut Pro. The possibilities are endless with After Effects and there are sooooooooooooooo many crazy effects I want to try.
5. Last but not least, I haven’t really had an anxiety attack this month and I’m (very very slowly) learning what my triggers are and how to overcome them. I still have bad days where I feel extremely overwhelmed but meditating, doing yoga and speaking to my friends about it has really helped. I was also gifted The Anxiety Solution which I would recommend to anyone who suffers from anxiety. You can buy it here.